Plus, rookie CB Christian Benford is turning heads with his performance at training camp
When the Buffalo Bills welcome the Indianapolis Colts to Highmark Stadium at 4:00 PM Eastern Saturday to kick off their 2022 NFL preseason schedule, the team will be without the services of at least one of their starters: Pro Bowl quarterback Josh Allen. Today’s edition of Buffalo Rumblinks leads off by discussing the decision to sit Allen in Buffalo’s preseason opener for the second consecutive year.
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills QB Josh Allen won’t play in preseason opener – Buffalo Rumblings
- Top 10 Buffalo Bills 25 and under — No. 9: K Tyler Bass – Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills increase slightly in value to $2.99 billion – Buffalo Rumblings
- Cheap Thrills: Don’t rule out a Buffalo Bills preseason game – Buffalo Rumblings
- Jamie D & Big Newt: Bills roster projections – Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills’ starting cornerback position far from settled with young trio battling – Buffalo Rumblings
- Cody Ford on the outside looking in at Bills training camp – Buffalo Rumblings
- 90 Buffalo Bills players in 90 days: LT Dion Dawkins – Buffalo Rumblings
Additional Bills news from around the web
QB Josh Allen to sit out Saturday’s preseason opener
Before Thursday’s final practice of training camp at St. John Fisher University, head coach Sean McDermott informed the media that QB Josh Allen, entering his fourth year as Buffalo’s starting QB, will be held out of the preseason opener. Last year, Allen also sat out the preseason opener and played in just one preseason game, the preseason finale vs. the Green Bay Packers. He played in and started three preseason games during the 2019 season, and saw time in three games (one start) during the preseason of his 2018 rookie season.
- Bills QB Josh Allen won’t play in preseason opener against Indianapolis Colts – Buffalo News
- Observations: Bills QB Josh Allen won’t play in preseason opener against Indianapolis Colts – Buffalo News
- Bills QB Josh Allen won’t play in preseason opener vs. Colts, Sean McDermott says – BuffaloBills.com
Updates on Buffalo’s rookies, 53-man roster projection,
As the team breaks training camp, we find out how rookie cornerback Christian Benford is turning heads, see how fellow rookies like linebackers Terrel Bernard and Baylon Spector have fared so far and look at who will make Buffalo’s 53-man roster.
- Observations: NFL game proving to be not too big for Christian Benford- Buffalo News
- Christian Benford continues to gain opportunities – WGR 550
- Bills 53-man roster projection: Where do rookies Christian Benford, Baylon Spector stand? – The Athletic (subscription required)
S Jaquan Johnson ready to seize opportunity
With safety Jordan Poyer sidelined, Jaquan Johnson has been stepping in and making the most of his chance to impress Buffalo’s coaches.
- Why Bills safety Jaquan Johnson is making the most out of his opportunity – BuffaloBills.com
- Bills safety Jaquan Johnson takes advantage of extra reps – Buffalo News
- Bills little-used safety may finally get his shot – Democrat & Chronicle
Odds and ends
We get an update on when Pro Bowl cornerback Tre’Davious White could return to practice, learn how to watch Buffalo’s preseason opener vs. the Colts, get the inside scoop of how edge rusher Von Miller plans on causing chaos in opposing backfields with fellow edge rusher Greg Rousseau, and more!
- Bills CB Tre’Davious White to return to practice ‘sooner than later’ (report) – newyorkupstate.com
- How to watch Buffalo Bills vs. Indianapolis Colts: NFL Preseason time, tv, live stream – newyorkupstate.com
- Von Miller fires up Bills camp with ‘gasoline and gunpowder’ quip, but what’s behind it? – The Athletic (subscription required)
- Will Bills be the last team to lose a game this season? – Buffalo News
- Sean McDermott: “The Support We Get Up Here Is Unmatched Around The League” – BuffaloBills.com
- Former Bills lineman Jon Feliciano says offensive line treated like ‘thorn in heel’ in Buffalo – Buffalo News