The NHL’s preseason began on Saturday.
Buffalo Sabres Links
- Cozens built confidence at Worlds with goal-scoring mentality [Sabres.com]
- Eric Comrie and Craig Anderson kicking off process to form a tandem in Sabres’ net [The Buffalo News]
- Carrying ‘quiet swagger,’ Rasmus Dahlin growing in role as Sabres leader [The Buffalo News]
- The Sabres prepared for their first preseason tilt with an intrasquad scrimmage. Check out the video highlights, courtesy of the team, below:
- Alright, I’m cheating a little here because this isn’t Sabres-related, but chances are decent that if you’re reading this, you may also be a Buffalo Bills fan. Per his agent, Bills safety Micah Hyde will miss the rest of the NFL season with a neck injury. Buffalonians, known for their charity, have already donated upwards of $20,000 to Hyde’s charity, Imagine for Youth, which “helps young scholars and athletes perform their best, inside and outside the classroom.” If you’re interested in donating, here’s the link.
NHL preseason action began on Saturday with four games, including a double-header between split-squads of the Toronto Maple Leafs and Ottawa Senators. There are 10 games on the schedule for Sunday, including this afternoon’s match-up between the Sabres and Washington Capitals.
- Which NHL players could be traded in 2022-23? Picking one from all 32 teams [The Athletic]
- Jeff Gorton believes Canadiens will surprise people this season [Montreal Gazette]
- One prospect to watch from all 32 NHL teams in 2022-23 [Daily Faceoff]
- Veteran Jets forward Sam Gagner keeps adapting to survive in the NHL [Winnipeg Sun]
- Mom got him skating lessons to keep him off the streets. Now he’s an NHL coach. [Washington Post]
- UAA hockey team thrilled to be back after 30-month pause [Anchorage Daily News]