Some of this has been talked about elsewhere, but I just got my hands on a copy of the memorandum of understanding between the university and Coach Mo.
None of this is final, these contracts take a while to work their way through but it will look something like this.
- Base Salary $475,000
- Additional compensation $200,000
These two together come to $675,000 which makes Coach Linguist the 4th highest paid coach in the Mid American Conference. Additional compensation usually means money from commercials, TV and radio appearances, etc.
Win / Bowl Bonus Incentives
- Regular Season Win Total :win 8 games get $15,000, and $5,000 for each additional win
- MAC East division title with no MACC appearance: $7,500
- MACC Title Game : Appearance $15,000, Victory $35,000
- Non NY6 Bowl Games : Appearance $25,000, Victory $60,000
- Non CFP NY6 Bowl Games : Appearance $50,000, Victory $100,000
- CFP Game : Appearance $100,000, Victory $150,000
Recognition Bonus Incentives
- MAC COY – $15,000
- National COY – $30,000
Academic Incentives (Worth noting that if the team fails to meet NCAA APR guidelines none of the incentive bonuses above are in effect)
- APR Score: 960 gives a bonus of $5,000 and every 10 points above that add’s $5,000 more
If Coach Mo moves on before the contract is over UB will be compensated an amount based on the date
- Before 12/15/21 – 1.5 Million
- Before 12/15/22 – 1.0 Million
- Before 12/15/23 – 750 thousand
- Before 12/15/24 – 600 thousand
- Before 12/31/25 – 500 thousand