James H. Jimenez
At least six recruits have committed to MAC schools thus far in July, even despite visiting and communication limitations.
Team Commitments (per 247Sports)
- Akron: 8 commits
- Ball State: 10 commits, one in July (Kiael Kelly)
- Bowling Green: 8 commits, one in July (Zachary Barlev)
- Buffalo: 15 commits, one in July (Ali Fisher)
- Central Michigan: 13 commits, one in July (Caden DeWald)
- Eastern Michigan: 4 commits
- Kent State: 10 commits
- Miami: 18 commits, 2 in July (Jaymar Mundy, Malik Verdon)
- Northern Illinois: 15 commits, one in July (Ty Miles)
- Ohio: 4 commits, one in July (Navell Chopin)
- Toledo: 18 commits
- Western Michigan: 14 commits
Recruiting Battle to Watch
An interesting battle to keep an eye on in the coming months is the recruitment of QB Duce Taylor of North Side High School in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Taylor has offers from Akron, CMU, EMU, and Toledo, as well as offers from Alcorn State and Illinois State. He showed what he can do at the Midwest Exposure Skill Camp on July 2, and his Hudl film shows a passer with a very high ceiling. If Taylor’s able to clean up his footwork and put together a strong 2020 season, he’ll end up being a good QB for somebody.
Fire Recruiting Graphic of the Week
It’s that time of the year…
— Miami RedHawks Football Recruiting (@RedHawk_Recruit) July 3, 2020
For our first Fire Recruiting Graphic of the Week, we are going to go with the defending MAC champions with one of the cleanest Fourth of July graphics you will ever see. If you see any other graphics that are fire-emoji worthy, feel free to submit them to the @MAC__Crootin Twitter page.