James H. Jimenez
Lots of movin’ and shakin’ this week, as the summer recruiting wars continue.
Team Commitments (per 247Sports)
A lot of moving and shaking this week as Ball State and Western Michigan each reeled in three commits, while Bowling Green and Kent State received commitments from Rowan McGwin and Shane Slattery respectively.
- Akron: 8 commits
- Ball State: 13 commits, four in July (Kiael Kelly, Vaughn Pemberton, Jordan Marshall, Jackson Wiegold)
- Bowling Green: 10 commits, two in July (Zachary Barlev, Jamal Johnson)
- Buffalo: 16 commits, two in July (Ali Fisher, Rowan McGwin)
- Central Michigan: 12 commits, one in July (Caden DeWald)
- Eastern Michigan: 4 commits
- Kent State: 11 commits, one in July (Shane Slattery)
- Miami: 18 commits, two in July (Jaymar Mundy, Malik Verdon)
- Northern Illinois: 15 commits, one in July (Ty Miles)
- Ohio: 5 commits, two in July (Navell Chopin, Miles Cross)
- Toledo: 18 commits
- Western Michigan: 16 commits, three in July (Henry Wilson, Zach Vode, Jaden Williams)
Recruiting Battle to Watch
Azariah Israel is an intriguing running back prospect out of George Rogers Clark High School in Winchester, Kentucky as he has ten offers, including ones from Ball State, Kent State, Miami, and Ohio. Israel is coming off of a prolific senior season where he posted 2,828 all-purpose yards and 30 touchdowns in 12 games. Despite having a smaller frame at 5’9” and 175 lbs., he has demonstrated on his Hudl film that he can be a playmaker with his speed, vision, and strength. Putting on some extra pounds of muscle would do him wonders in establishing himself at the next level.
Fire Recruiting Graphic of the Week
— Thomas Hammock (@NIUCoachHammock) July 19, 2020
Another strong entry for graphic of the week. Love the different fonts, and the background and images work really well together. As always, feel free to submit nominees for Graphic of the Week to @MAC__Crootin.