James H. Jimenez
The MAC West continues to crush it, a Kansas CB may be flying under the radar to the MAC, and more in this week’s recruiting roundup.
Team Commitments (per 247Sports)
We got a flurry of activity on the recruiting trail as August continues to wane, particularly for the MAC West. Six-foot WR Nick Presley committed to Ball State, as did three-star athlete Irone Jackson to CMU, and the five-foot-nine RB Bryson Moss to EMU. The MAC East was not silent this week, however, as three-star CB Emon Hill committed to KSU and three-star RB Sieh Bangura committed to Ohio.
- Akron: 8 commits
- Ball State: 16 commits, two in August (Thailand Baldwin, Nick Presley)
- Bowling Green: 10 commits
- Buffalo: 18 commits
- Central Michigan: 12 commits, one in August (Irone Jackson)
- Eastern Michigan: 5 commits, one in August (Bryson Moss)
- Kent State: 12 commits, one in August (Emon Hill)
- Miami: 19 commits, one in August (Terran Hearn)
- Northern Illinois: 19 commits, three in August (Akanimo Asuquo, Makhi Nelson-Douglas, Drew Hoth)
- Ohio: 6 commits, one of August (Sieh Bangura)
- Toledo: 19 commits, one in August (Lennard Kuhl)
- Western Michigan: 18 commits, one in August (Jelani Willis)
Recruiting Battle to Watch
We have an intriguing prospect for this week’s Recruiting Battle as Wetu Kalomo, a six-foot-one CB out of Wichita, Kansas, has five offers, including Akron, BG, and EMU. As you can see in his Hudl film below, Kalomo has great ball skills, possesses good acceleration, is a solid tackler at CB, and doesn’t give WRs a whole lot of space. At the next level, he’ll definitely need to add muscle to his frame in order to handle more physical receivers but he has a great foundation to build on going into college ball.
Fire Recruiting Graphic of the Week
— SkullSparks (@SkullSparks) August 20, 2020
The Falcons earn Graphic(s) of the Week with some strong entries with a few different sports. The best part about it is that they are all different but still do a good job of promoting BG. As always, feel free to submit nominees for Graphic of the Week to @MAC__Crootin.