Obviously it’s been a challenging and interesting offseason over there.
Sports-focused networks have been faced with some unique challenges since mid-March — namely figuring out how to program content every day with live sports not actually happening. It’s a topic that comes up from time to time here on the blog, but we’re certainly not experts there so we decided to talk to one.
In a special edition of the podcast, we spoke to Stacie McCollum, VP of programming at ACC Network about what’s been a very long and weird offseason, how content decisions get made and more. Some of the other major points:
- Like you, the ACC Network would also love to be able to air more lacrosse games
- Making the case for Ant-Man compared to other Marvel films
- Stacie shares her appreciation for Syracuse’s 1996 Final Four run
- How week-to-week programming decisions get made at the network
- Some of the themed content the ACC Network’s explored this offseason
- Takeaways from year one of the network for next year’s programming
If you haven’t yet, please subscribe to Troy Nunes Is An Absolute Podcast:
- Download the podcast from Megaphone
- Download the podcast from iTunes (PLEASE RATE & REVIEW the podcast on iTunes. Appreciate it!)
- Also: Stitcher, Spotify, TuneIn, Castbox
You Missed It! Recent TNIAAP episodes: