Trill didn’t last long on the waiver wire.
It was unfortunate news on Friday to hear that former Syracuse Orange defensive back Trill Williams was waived by the New Orleans Saints after failing a physical. But the standout playmaker didn’t last long on the waiver wire at all.
We have been awarded CB Trill Williams off waivers from New Orleans.
— Miami Dolphins (@MiamiDolphins) May 17, 2021
Trill now joins the Miami Dolphins, who don’t really need much cornerback help, but could perhaps use another safety. Miami selected Oregon safety Jevon Holland in the second round of the NFL Draft last month, and also added Georgia Tech corner Jaytlin Askew, who was a big contributor on special teams.
This is certainly not the easiest situation to try and make the roster, but despite New Orleans seeming like a great spot, that didn’t work out. A lot depends on the physical, of course. But we know the sort of impact Williams can have both on defense and special teams — and it does seem like the Dolphins are interested in addressing the latter a bit given his and Askew’s respective signings.
Good luck to Trill as he attempts to make the squad for Miami! Here’s the full list of Orange players currently on NFL rosters right now:
- Arizona Cardinals: Chandler Jones, Koda Martin, Justin Pugh
- Atlanta Falcons: Sterling Hofrichter, Chris Slayton
- Cincinnati Bengals: Eric Dungey
- Detroit Lions: Ifeatu Melifonwu
- Indianapolis Colts: Zaire Franklin
- Jacksonville Jaguars: Andre Cisco
- Los Angeles Rams: Trishton Jackson
- Miami Dolphins: Trill Williams
- New Orleans Saints: Nolan Cooney
- New York Giants: Riley Dixon
- Seattle Seahawks: Alton Robinson