The Buffalo Bills’ Thanksgiving Day contest was one to look forward to for months. It’s not every season the Bills (6-5) play on this holiday.
But now it is because of redemption.
Buffalo was blown out in Week 11 by the Indianapolis Colts. The ugly final score was 41-15.
Not everyone was beaten that badly in their last game, but there’s at least one thing every team playing on Thanksgiving has going for them: Everyone lost.
That’s right, not only did the Bills lose their last game, so did everyone suiting up this Thursday.
Buffalo’s opponent, the New Orleans Saints, fell 40-29 to the Eagles. Philadelphia surprisingly routed the Saints with a strong rushing attack despite New Orleans’ strong defense against the run.
The rest of Thursday’s teams:
- Chicago Bears (3-7) vs. Detroit Lions (0-9-1)
- Bears lost 16-13 vs. Baltimore Ravens
- Lions lost 13-10 to the Cleveland Browns
- Las Vegas Raiders (5-5) vs. Dallas Cowboys (7-3)
- Cincinnati Bengals topped Raiders 32-13
- Cowboys lost 19-9 vs. the Chiefs