Including how James Cook and Devin Singletary made the Patriots pay for playing a dime defense
The Buffalo Bills signed future Pro Football Hall of Fame pass rusher Von Miller this offseason to bolster their pass rush, but Miller will miss the next three games (having missed one already) as he deals with a knee injury.
In the team’s first full game since Miller was injured, today’s edition of Buffalo Rumblinks discusses how Buffalo’s defensive line was up to the challenge in its first test without Miller, a 24-10 win over the New England Patriots.
Defensive line produces in first game without Von Miller
With talented pass rusher Von Miller sidelined for the next four weeks, the Bills’ defensive line stepped up and produced in Buffalo’s first game without Miller. Led by Greg Rousseau, Boogie Basham, Shaq Lawson and A.J. Epenesa, the Bills got after New England quarterback Mac Jones, pressuring him on nearly 40% of dropbacks while containing the Patriots to 60 rushing yards. Their success is a good sign of what the defense can do without Miller on the field.
- Bills pass-rushers step up in first game without Von Miller – Buffalo Bills Blog- ESPN
- For Bills defensive line, life without Von Miller begins successfully – Buffalo News
- Bills Notebook: 3 Takeaways from Buffalo Win at New England Patriots – Sports Illustrated Buffalo Bills News, Analysis and More
More takeaways from win in Foxborough
During Buffalo’s 24-10 road win over New England, linebacker Tremaine Edmunds continued to show how valuable he is to this defense. Among the other takeaways: cornerback Tre’Davious White took on a larger role as he works his way back from an ACL injury, running backs James Cook and Devin Singletary took advantage of New England’s dime defense to enjoy big performances on the ground, Buffalo displayed its resiliency and toughness in picking up its third road win in 12 days, and more!
- Upon Further Review: Tremaine Edmunds’ absence – and return – proves his worth to Bills’ defense – Buffalo News
- Tre’Davious White’s snap count doubles from his Thanksgiving return with the Bills – Buffalo News
- Analysis: Bills running game made Patriots pay for light boxes against Josh Allen – Buffalo News
- “Road warrior mindset” | Bills’ toughness on display with three wins away from home in 12 days – BuffaloBills.com
- Bills make NFL history by becoming the first team to pull off these two impressive feats – CBSSports.com
- Alan Pergament: Al Michaels was off his prime days in a sleepy Bills win but Kirk Herbstreit was solid – Buffalo News
- Bills defense causes Patriots’ Mac Jones to throw expletive-filled tantrum in loss on Thursday night – newyorkupstate.com
- Bill Belichick reveals why Patriots waved white flag, refused to use timeouts late vs. Bills – newyorkupstate.com
- Patriots fans trash Bill Belichick & Mac Jones following Bills loss: ‘His a— should be out the door!’ (Listen) – newyorkupstate.com
Even more Bills news and notes
A deep dive on how Josh Allen has become an expert at leaping over defenders, and hear how Allen is a passionate supporter of Team USA in the World Cup.
- Buffalo Bills’ Josh Allen has mastered the art of QB leaps – Buffalo Bills Blog- ESPN
- Bills Today | Josh Allen gets wrapped up in the USA’s run during the FIFA World Cup – BuffaloBills.com
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills-Patriots recap: Win probability metrics back Buffalo domination feel – Buffalo Rumblings
- David Quessenberry injury: Bills OT guts through ankle issue in prime time – Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills-Patriots game snap counts: James Cook ascending – Buffalo Rumblings
- AFC Playoff Picture: How Bills can claim one-seed in AFC by Sunday night – Buffalo Rumblings
- Jordan Phillips injury: Bills DT leaves win late with shoulder issue – Buffalo Rumblings