The Buffalo Bills are back for week three of training camp as they prepare to take on the Detroit Lions on Friday night in their first preseason game of the season. They have three practices this week (Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday) before traveling on Thursday for Friday night’s game.
I’ve included the Bills Reporters Twitter list to follow along with the updates from the local beat reporters.
The biggest camp news right now:
- WR Emmanuel Sanders was back at full speed Tuesday after being limited for the past few days with a foot injury. Several players missed time on Monday.
- Starting left tackle Dion Dawkins remains on the COVID list. They just can’t get the starting five together. Ike Boettger, Jon Feliciano, and Cody Ford have been rotating with the first-team at guard.
- Levi Wallace is clearly in the lead for the CB2 job opposite Tre’Davious White.
- The KR/PR job seems to be wrapped up by Isaiah McKenzie.
- Jake Kumerow has jumped to the head of the pack in the wide receiver depth competition but Isaiah McKenzie is still ahead of him for WR5.
- Jerry Hughes starts the year on NF-I with a calf strain. He has remained in the trainer’s room until this weekend, when he was seen close to a return working on the sideline.