Plus, storylines to watch when the Bills host the Texans.
After throwing for four touchdowns and rushing for another touchdown in a dominant 43-21 win over the Washington Football Team, quarterback Josh Allen was named the AFC Offensive Player of the Week for Week 3. Today’s edition of the Buffalo Bills daily links leads off examining the brilliant play by Allen that netted him his seventh Offensive Player of the Week honors in his young NFL career.
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Josh Allen named AFC Offensive Player of the Week – Buffalo Rumblings
- Revisiting Five Buffalo Bills to watch against the Washington Football Team – Buffalo Rumblings
- Revisiting Five Washington Football Team players to watch vs Buffalo Bills – Buffalo Rumblings
- One Stat Recap: Buffalo Bills offense gets back on track – Buffalo Rumblings
- Q&A mailbag: Bills D dominates, Josh Allen concerns – Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills a universal top-5 squad in Week 4 NFL power rankings – Buffalo Rumblings
- Penalty recap: Washington Football Team at Buffalo Bills – Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills vs. Washington Football Team: Rookie review – Buffalo Rumblings
- Jamie D and Big Newt: The Josh Allen We’ve Needed is Back! – Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills won’t activate WR Marquez Stevenson from injured reserve yet – Buffalo Rumblings
- 2022 NFL Draft: College football recap, Week 4 – Buffalo Rumblings
Additional Bills news from around the web
Weekly honor for Josh Allen after five-TD game
It was a no-brainer for Allen to earn the seventh AFC Offensive Player of the Week honors after directing an effective Bills offense to a 43-21 win over Washington. Allen completed 74.4 percent of his passes (32 of 43) for 358 yards with four passing TDs and one rushing score, his fifth time eclipsing 300 passing yards with four-plus passing TDs. Allen becomes just the fifth QB in NFL history to pass for 300-plus yards with four TDs in his first four years in the league.
- Bills quarterback Josh Allen adds another AFC Offensive Player of the Week honor | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Josh Allen named AFC Offensive Player of the Week – WGR 550
- Bills’ Josh Allen named AFC Offensive Player of Week after 5 TDs vs. Washington – newyorkupstate.com
- How Josh Allen got back on track: Bills All-22 film review – The Athletic (Subscription required).
- Josh Allen named AFC Offensive Player of the Week for the seventh time – BuffaloBills.com
- ‘Standing-ovation type stuff’: ESPN analyst Matt Hasselbeck not surprised to see Bills, Josh Allen dominate | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
Early thoughts on Bills vs. Texans
Among the storylines to watch: how the Bills respond to being massive 17-point favorites, whether the Bills’ pass rush can make rookie QB Davis Mills uncomfortable, how Josh Allen and the offense can build upon Week 3 successes, and more.
- Top 5 storylines to follow for Bills vs. Texans | Week 4 – BuffaloBills.com
- Bills aren’t sure what to expect from Texans rookie QB Davis Mills – Democrat & Chronicle
- Howard Picks the Bills: Week 4 – WGR 550
Odds and ends
We examine how veteran wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders is making a difference both among Buffalo’s talented wide receiver corps and in his community, check in on where the Bills rank in the NFL power rankings, get the latest news on the status of injured Bills safety Jordan Poyer, and more.
- New Bills WR Emmanuel Sanders makes an impact on offense and in the community – Democrat & Chronicle
- Bills cooking on both sides of ball, climb as high as No. 2 in Post-Week 3 power rankings – newyorkupstate.com
- Bills move up in the latest NFL power rankings | Bills Today – BuffaloBills.com
- Bills’ injury updates: Jordan Poyer won’t practice, listed as day to day | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Erik Brady: How ‘Wide Right’ inspired formation of Bills Backers Club in Maine | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Alan Pergament: Broadcasting pioneer Beth Mowins to call Bills game, making some fans shout unfairly | Television | buffalonews.com
- Former Bills player Cornelius Bennett denies sexual assault allegation from lawsuit | Crime News | buffalonews.com