Plus, why Hall of Famer Bruce Smith sees “great things” for Buffalo’s defensive line.
The NFL dealt with playing games while in the midst of a global health crisis in 2020, and the same will be true this year, as the Buffalo Bills found out on Tuesday.
Today’s edition of the Bills daily links catches you up on the news that wide receivers Cole Beasley and Gabriel Davis and linebackers Matt Milano and A.J. Klein were sent home to quarantine following a close contact with a Bills trainer who tested positive for COVID-19.
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills injury update: Stefon Diggs back at practice, but long list remains – Buffalo Rumblings
- Severity unknown after Isaiah McKenzie injures shoulder in Tuesday’s practice – Buffalo Rumblings
- Opinion: Trading Mitchell Trubisky is probably not a good idea – Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills release five players ahead of roster cutdown deadline – Buffalo Rumblings
- In defense of the “Core Special Teamer” – Buffalo Rumblings
- Code of Conduct: Bruce Nolan takes the helm for Q&A – Buffalo Rumblings
- All parties met Monday, made progress on new Buffalo Bills Stadium, per report – Buffalo Rumblings
Additional Bills news from around the web
Bills have COVID-19 quarantine situation after close contact with positive test
Beasley, Davis, Milano and Klein must go through a five-day re-entry process before they are allowed to rejoin the team after they were deemed a close contact to a team trainer who tested positive for COVID-19. Get the latest news on this situation, and hear from general manager Brandon Beane on how, unfortunately, the team could be faced with this same situation during the regular season.
- Four Bills players, including Cole Beasley, must go through Covid protocol re-entry process | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Cole Beasley, Gabriel Davis removed from Bills’ facility for close contact w/ Covid positive staff member (report) – newyorkupstate.com
- Four Bills players sent home after being close contacts WGR 550
- Buffalo Bills Cole Beasley, Gabriel Davis, Star Lotulelei, Vernon Butler in quarantine after being considered close contacts -ESPN.com Buffalo Bills Blog
- Cole Beasley is among 4 players sent home for COVID close contact as Bills are thrust back into vaccination discussion – The Athletic
- Beasley, three other Bills, out five days for COVID-19 exposure | wgrz.com
- Six Bills sent home due to close contact with positive COVID test – Democrat & Chronicle
- GM Brandon Beane explains why four players were placed on the Reserve/COVID list – BuffaloBills.com
- Beane: ‘This can happen in the regular season’ WGR 550
Hall of Famer Bruce Smith likes what he sees from defensive line
As Pro Football Hall of Famer Bruce Smith visits with the Bills this week, he is trying to impart some wisdom and knowledge to the current players. Among Smith’s training camp observations: the defense is “going to be vastly improved from last year” and he sees “great things unfolding” for a young defensive line featuring talented rookies Greg Rousseau and Carlos “Boogie” Basham Jr.
- Bruce Smith passes on knowledge to Bills rookies Greg Rousseau, Boogie Basham | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Bruce Smith on Bills: “We’ve got a lot to be excited about” – Democrat & Chronicle
- Bills defensive ends impress Hall of Famer Bruce Smith heading into the 2021 season – BuffaloBills.com
- Bruce Smith attends Bills practice, gives thoughts on Greg Rousseau, defensive line: ‘Great things unfolding’ – newyorkupstate.com
Training camp observations
Wide receiver Isaiah McKenzie suffers a scary injury and will need an MRI on his shoulder, while fellow wideout Jake Kumerow and linebacker Andre Smith continue to impress as they push for roster spots.
- Bills’ Isaiah McKenzie injured in scary scene at practice on day 16 of camp (7 observations) – newyorkupstate.com
- Observations: Injury to Isaiah McKenzie thins Bills WR corps | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Report: Isaiah McKenzie to have MRI on shoulder – WGR 550
LB Tyrell Adams among five Bills released…
Linebacker Tyrell Adams, coming off a career season with the Houston Texans in 2020, was among the five Bills cut Tuesday as the team made a slew of moves to get to the league-mandated roster limit of 81 players. Also cut: wide receiver Lance Lenoir, safety Tariq Thompson, tight end Bug Howard, and offensive lineman Tyler Gauthier.
- Bills release five players, including linebacker Tyrell Adams and receiver Lance Lenoir | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Bills release five players to trim roster to 81 – WGR 550
- ‘Tackling machine’ LB Tyrell Adams, WR Lance Lenoir among Bills’ five releases – newyorkupstate.com
Buffalo signs two WRs and a DT after placing four on reserve/COVID-19 list
Get to know the newest members of the Bills: wide receivers Rico Gafford and Steven Sims and defensive tackle Joe Ivie, who were signed after the Bills placed four players on their reserve/COVID-19 list.
- Bills claim Rico Gafford, Joey Ivie off waivers WGR 550
- Bills add wide receiver, defensive tackle on waivers | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Bills claim WR Rico Gafford and DT Joey Ivie – BuffaloBills.com
- Bills add WR Steven Sims – BuffaloBills.com
Odds and ends
Learn how left tackle Dion Dawkins took a big step forward as he continues to recover from COVID-19, see where the Bills rank in the latest NFL preseason rankings, find out which Bill is on the hot seat entering 2021, get to know tight end Jacob Hollister, who was once a great quarterback in his high school days, find out which broadcasters will call Buffalo’s season opening clash with the Pittsburgh Steelers, and more.
- Two series against Bears represent big step forward for Bills left tackle Dion Dawkins | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- NFL Power Rankings 2021 – Preseason 1-32 poll, plus players, coaches, general managers on hot seat – ESPN.com
- Bills TE Jacob Hollister was once a star QB in high school – Democrat & Chronicle
- CBS reveals announcers for Bills’ opener against Steelers | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Erik Brady: New book about Bills memorabilia gets to the heart of fandom | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
Leave a Reply