Plus, explore the reasons behind Josh Allen’s breakthrough 2020 season.
The Buffalo Bills and their fans are happy to have left tackle Dion Dawkins back on the practice field this summer, after he missed the first 12 practice sessions while recovering from a bout with COVID-19.
We lead off today’s edition of the Bills links by hearing how battling COVID-19 was “one of the lowest points” in Dawkins’s life, including how at one point he wasn’t sure he was going to survive the coronavirus.
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills LT Dion Dawkins spent four days in the hospital with COVID-19 – Buffalo Rumblings
- Jordan Palmer helping Josh Allen learn to calm down – Buffalo Rumblings
- Chicago Bears’ starters to see increased time vs. Buffalo Bills – Buffalo Rumblings
- 90 Buffalo Bills scouting reports in 90 days: wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders – Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills mailbag: roster questions following Detroit Lions game – Buffalo Rumblings
- How many Buffalo Bills defensive ends played defensive tackle snaps Friday night? – Buffalo Rumblings
- Jamie D and Big Newt: Buffalo Bills trending position groups – Buffalo Rumblings
- 2021 NFL Rulebook changes to keep an eye on – Buffalo Rumblings
- COVID around the NFL: Atlanta Falcons 100% vaccinated, Las Vegas Raiders mandating vaccines – Buffalo Rumblings
Additional Bills news from around the web
Dion Dawkins wasn’t sure he was going to survive COVID-19
As Dion Dawkins continues to work his way back from being on the NFL’s reserve/COVID-19 list, he opened up about his harrowing battle with the virus, which included being hospitalized for four days. At one point, Dawkins said things were so bad that he wasn’t sure he was going to survive.
- Bills left tackle Dion Dawkins describes his harrowing battle with Covid | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Bills’ Dion Dawkins opens up on Covid battle: ‘One of the lowest points I’ve ever been’ – newyorkupstate.com
- Bills OT Dion Dawkins said he wasn’t sure he’d survive COVID-19 – Democrat & Chronicle
- Dawkins: There were moments I thought I wouldn’t make it – WGR 550
- Buffalo Bills’ Dion Dawkins says being hospitalized for COVID-19 one of his ‘lowest points’ – ESPN.com Buffalo Bills Blog
- Dion Dawkins opens up about his battle with COVID-19 | ‘It was one of the lowest points I’ve ever been’ – BuffaloBills.com
Observations from Day 15 of training camp
All-Pro quarterback Josh Allen continued his blistering performance at training camp, completing 15 consecutive passes at one point, while wide receivers Emmanuel Sanders and Cole Beasley proved to be problematic for Buffalo’s defense. Learn more about what stood out from Buffalo’s practice session.
- Josh Allen, Emmanuel Sanders, Cole Beasley frustrate Bills defense on day 15 of camp (8 observations) – newyorkupstate.com
- Josh Allen continues hot training camp – WGR 550
- Bills’ training camp observations: Josh Allen went on a hot streak | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
Exploring the reasons behind Josh Allen’s breakout season
Hear how offensive coordinator Brian Daboll helped Allen progress last year by calling a high percentage of passes on early downs, discover other key areas that fueled Allen’s breakthrough 2020 campaign, find out how Allen plans on using the preseason to prepare for a regular season filled with expectations, and learn how Allen is letting his personality show through at camp.
- Josh Allen’s contract, a pass-happy approach and 10 takeaways on the Bills – The Athletic
- Josh Allen, Brian Daboll open up on Buffalo’s offense – Democrat & Chronicle
- Josh Allen is Bills’ franchise quarterback and a comedian – WGR 550
LB Andre Smith planning for a life after football
While linebacker Andre Smith has enjoyed a stellar preseason, including an all-around excellent performance in a 16-15 win over the Detroit Lions, he has his eyes focused on future financial success once his NFL days are finished.
- ‘He’s always been about business’: Andre Smith’s path to Bills carved by wise investments – The Athletic (Subscription required).
Odds and ends
Get the latest 53-man roster projections heading into Week 2 of the preseason, learn which Bills have stood out during training camp, relive the day Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly finally signed with the Bills 35 years ago, discover more memories from the day Rich Stadium opened 48 years ago, and more.
- Buffalo Bills 53-man roster projection heading into Bears preseason game – newyorkupstate.com
- 8 award winners from 2021 Bills Training Camp – BuffaloBills.com
- [BN] Chronicles: Jim Kelly signs with the Bills on Aug. 18, 1986 | History | buffalonews.com
- Erik Brady: 48 years ago, Rich Stadium opened with a bang | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Will the Bills, Sabres stay in Buffalo for the long term? The Satchel addresses the angst on both – The Athletic (subscription required).