Plus, the one area QB Josh Allen wants to improve upon for 2022
Trade up or trade down? Select a cornerback, a running back, or the player who addresses the team’s biggest need?
By this time next week, fans of the Buffalo Bills will know exactly what the Bills will have done in the first round of the NFL Draft, but in today’s edition of the Bills links, we examine how Buffalo general manager Brandon Beane, head coach Sean McDermott and Buffalo’s front office are preparing for the draft.
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- 2022 SB Nation NFL Writers’ Mock Draft: Bills find trade-up opportunity – Buffalo Rumblings
- 2022 NFL Draft: Safety reinforcements for Bills – Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills will keep offensive terminology, ‘The Office’ references, per Josh Allen – Buffalo Rumblings
- Jordan Poyer feeling the love from Bills while absent from voluntary workouts – Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills add offensive lineman David Quessenberry – Buffalo Rumblings
- Reviewing the Bills’ 2021 free-agent class – Buffalo Rumblings
- Von Miller could face league discipline for revenge porn lawsuit – Buffalo Rumblings
- The Bruce Exclusive: A skillful traitor – Buffalo Rumblings
Additional Bills news from around the web
Insights into how the Bills do their homework for the NFL Draft
Fans of the Buffalo Bills have been doing mock drafts for months, trying to predict what the team will do with its eight selections in the upcoming NFL Draft, which gets underway Thursday in Las Vegas. During a session with reporters, Beane provided some insights into how the team has been preparing for the draft. For example, Beane said he and his front office staff won’t start doing mock drafts until the week of the draft, when they will “put ourselves in as many scenarios as we can,” according to Beane.
Find out more about this process, check out the latest mock drafts, get to know the offensive linemen and defensive tackles who could make great targets for the Bills, and more!
- How Brandon Beane and Sean McDermott have been preparing for this year’s draft – BuffaloBills.com
- Capaccio: 2022 NFL Mock Draft No. 1 – WGR 550
- NFL mock draft: More of The Athletic’s college football reporters pick the first round of the 2022 NFL Draft – The Athletic (subscription required).
- Buffalo Bills draft preview: Middle rounds the spot for interior O-line – Democrat & Chronicle
- Buffalo Bills draft preview: These players could be targets at DT – Democrat & Chronicle
- Analyst Daniel Jeremiah sees 2022 draft as most uncertain ever | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- NFL draft — Which teams have gotten the best value since 2012? We rank all 32 – ESPN.com
How QB Josh Allen is getting acclimated with new OC Ken Dorsey
We find out how Buffalo’s dynamic quarterback is using the offseason to get on the same page with new offensive coordinator Ken Dorsey, and which area of his game Allen wants to improve upon during the 2022 season.
- Josh Allen quickly getting up to speed with how new Bills offensive coordinator Ken Dorsey does things | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Bills’ Josh Allen shares part of his game he’s working to improve for 2022 season – newyorkupstate.com
Bills add their swing offensive tackle
The Buffalo Bills have found their swing offensive tackle, bringing in free-agent OT David Quessenberry, formerly of the Tennessee Titans, on a one-year deal.
- Bills add depth up front with addition of offensive lineman David Quessenberry | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Bills sign David Quessenberry to one-year deal – WGR 550
- Bills sign G David Quessenberry to a one-year deal – BuffaloBills.com
Latest on S Jordan Poyer
When the Buffalo Bills began their voluntary workouts earlier this week, notably absent was All-Pro safety Jordan Poyer, who has made it known he wants a new contract with just one year remaining on his current contract. General manager Brandon Beane addressed the situation, saying that while he wants Poyer in Orchard Park with the team, he’s not required to be there since the workouts are voluntary.
- Bills GM on Jordan Poyer contract demands and where things stand with All-Pro safety – newyorkupstate.com
- Beane wishes Poyer was at workouts, ‘there’s no conflict’ – WGR 550
- Jordan Poyer’s contract dispute, draft chatter: 5 takeaways from Bills GM Brandon Beane – The Athletic (subscription required).
Odds and ends
We hear from general manager Brandon Beane on the notion that it’s all about winning the Super Bowl or bust this upcoming season. We also get to know newly re-signed offensive lineman Ryan Bates, and find out when the 2022 NFL schedule will be released. Plus, a tribute to former Bills quarterback Daryle Lamonica, a dive into how the Bills and New York State officials eventually ran out of options for a new stadium in Buffalo, and more!
- Super Bowl or bust? Brandon Beane puts kibosh on mortgaging future | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Bills lineman Ryan Bates: ‘I want to embrace Bills Mafia through and through’ | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Bills, NFL schedule to be released May 12 | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Raiders QB great Daryle Lamonica, part of Bills’ infamous trade, dies at 80 | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- How Bills, New York officials ran out the clock — and ran out of options — for a new stadium in Buffalo – The Athletic (subscription required).
- Bills QB Josh Allen does his ‘Buffalo stuff,’ raises money for charity with 70-yard heave | Local News | buffalonews.com
- Bills DE Von Miller: ‘This is one of the most talented teams I’ve ever been on’ | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Von Miller: ‘I’m a real sicko’; Bills DE not slowing down, expects to play out contract – newyorkupstate.com
- Bills LB Von Miller to be inducted into the Senior Bowl Hall of Fame – BuffaloBills.com