Plus, final thoughts on Buffalo’s convincing win over New England
The NFL and the NFL Players Association agreed on Tuesday to a new isolation timeline for players who have COVID-19, reducing the isolation period for players who test positive from ten days to five days. This is contingent on at least five days passing since the initial positive swab for the player, at least 24 hours passing since the player’s last fever, other symptoms being “resolved or improved,” and the player being cleared by the team doctor.
Today’s edition of the Buffalo Bills daily links leads off with the news that, thanks in part to this reduced timeline, the Bills have activated four key players off of the reserve/COVID-19 list, just in time for Sunday’s Week 17 home game vs. the Atlanta Falcons.
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills use new isolation rules to activate four from COVID-19 list – Buffalo Rumblings
- Aligning with new CDC guidance, NFL shortens COVID isolation time from ten days to five – Buffalo Rumblings
- AFC Playoff Picture: Why Bills can’t clinch division in Week 17 – Buffalo Rumblings
- AFC Playoffs: Bills likely to end up with 3 seed if they win division – Buffalo Rumblings
- AFC Playoff Picture: Buffalo Bills’ still alive for first-round bye – Buffalo Rumblings
- Penalty recap: Buffalo Bills at New England Patriots – Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills rise in Week 17 NFL Power Rankings – Buffalo Rumblings
- Snap count notes: Buffalo Bills at New England Patriots – Buffalo Rumblings
- Game Balls: Bills’ best of Week 16 – Buffalo Rumblings
- One-Stat Recap: Buffalo Bills take control of the AFC East with win over the New England Patriots – Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills vs Falcons: Eli Ankou among Buffalo’s practice squad protections – Buffalo Rumblings
- New rules for interviewing head coaching candidates could impact Bills starting today – Buffalo Rumblings
- Not Another Buffalo Podcast | Bills beat Pats, reclaim AFC East lead – Buffalo Rumblings
- Code Of Conduct: Revenge is sweeter than honey – Buffalo Rumblings
- Q&A: AFC East, Cole Beasley vs Isaiah McKenzie, OL impressive – Buffalo Rumblings
- AFC East Roundup: Season’s gifting – Buffalo Rumblings
Additional Bills news from around the web
Beasley, Davis, Epenesa, Feliciano activated
Wide receiver Cole Beasley was among four Bills players activated off of the league’s reserve/COVID-19 list, moves that happened in part because of the new isolation timeline agreed to by the NFL and NFLPA. Also activated were fellow wideout Gabriel Davis, defensive end A.J. Epenesa, and starting left guard Jon Feliciano. All of the newly activated players should be available when the Bills welcome the Atlanta Falcons to Highmark Stadium for a 1 p.m. EST clash on Sunday.
- Bills activate Beasley, Davis, Feliciano and Epenesa off reserve/Covid-19 list | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Cole Beasley, Jon Feliciano among four Buffalo Bills players off reserve/COVID-19 list – ESPN.com Buffalo Bills Blog
- Bills activate Cole Beasley, Gabriel Davis, Jon Feliciano and A.J. Epenesa from reserve/COVID-19 list – BuffaloBills.com
- Davis eligible to test out of COVID-19 protocol by Sunday – WGR 550
Last thoughts on win over New England
As we all know, the Bills kept their dreams of repeating as AFC East champions alive thanks to a convincing 33-21 win over the New England Patriots. Before we turn our attention to Week 17 and the Atlanta Falcons, we dive into how All-Pro quarterback Josh Allen had an answer for everything the Patriots’ defense threw his way, hand out positional grades, examine how the run-pass option has fueled a resurgence by Buffalo in the red zone, and more.
- Position grades: Pats continued trend of reluctance to blitz Josh Allen | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- PlayAction: Examining the Bills’ use of RPOs in the red zone | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Brian Daboll, Josh Allen lead an offensive evolution for the Bills – BuffaloBills.com
- Behind the scenes of Matt Haack’s puntless day for the Bills | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
Power rankings update
Just how far did the Bills climb in the NFL power rankings following their statement win in New England?
- Buffalo Bills ‘can beat anyone in the AFC, and all their opponents know it’ (Post-Week 16 power rankings) – newyorkupstate.com
- NFL Power Rankings, Week 17: Is your quarterback ‘The Guy’? When it comes to Joe Burrow, the answer is easy – The Athletic
Odds and ends
Find out how Isaiah McKenzie’s plea on social media for a tasty Christmas Eve meal led to a memorable new friendship (and fueled his big game vs. the Patriots), read about the top storylines to know as Buffalo prepares to host the Atlanta Falcons, relive another memorable Bills game that didn’t feature a single punt, and more!
- ‘It’s so Buffalo’: Big weekend for the Bills’ Isaiah McKenzie began when he walked up to some family’s house on Christmas Eve – The Athletic
- Top 5 storylines to follow for Bills vs. Falcons | Week 17 – BuffaloBills.com
- Erik Brady: Why the ‘No Punt Game’ was one of the best games ever played | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Alan Pergament: Bills-Pats game gets Super Bowl-like rating; Ch. 7 adds reporter to ‘Problem Solvers’ team | Television | buffalonews.com
- Alan Pergament: ‘Hard Knocks’ episode dealing with Colts-Bills game has some terrific Frank Reich moments | Television | buffalonews.com