Plus, taking a look at the state of the Bills at the bye week.
The Buffalo Bills suddenly have a short-term need at tight end with the news that starter Dawson Knox will miss “a few weeks” after undergoing surgery to repair a broken bone in his hand.
Today’s edition of the Bills daily links leads off by examining what the Bills have in Tommy Sweeney and speculating on whether Buffalo should deal for tight end help to shore up the position.
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- AFC Playoff Picture: On the bye, Bills now half-game behind leaders – Buffalo Rumblings
- AFC Playoff Race: Buffalo Bills will only face two teams that are currently above .500 – Buffalo Rumblings
- Contract details for slot CB Taron Johnson extension with Buffalo Bills – Buffalo Rumblings
- Circling the Wagons: Bye week Bills talk w/Buffalo Rumblings writer Sean Murphy – Buffalo Rumblings
- Billieve Podcast: Where the Bills can improve at the bye – Buffalo Rumblings
- Examining Dawson Knox’s right-hand fracture – Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills favored by 13 over Miami Dolphins on Halloween – Buffalo Rumblings
- New York Jets rookie QB Zach Wilson could miss Week 10 game against Buffalo Bills – Buffalo Rumblings
Additional Bills news from around the web
Assessing Buffalo’s tight ends with Dawson Knox sidelined
Dawson Knox was enjoying a career year…until he suffered a broken bone in his hand. The Bills starting tight end underwent surgery to repair the broken bone and is expected to be sidelined a few weeks. In the meantime, will general manager Brandon Beane look to acquire tight end help at the NFL’s trade deadline (Nov. 2)? And what does Tommy Sweeney bring to the position with Knox sidelined?
- Tight end could be intriguing position for Bills at trade deadlne – Sports Illustrated Buffalo Bills News, Analysis and More
- Can Bills tight end Tommy Sweeney step up in Dawson Knox’s absence? – Buffalo Bills Blog- ESPN
The state of the Bills at the bye
We discuss who Buffalo’s biggest breakthrough player has been, and who is the team’s unsung hero after seven weeks. We also put Josh Allen’s play under the microscope to see if he is relying on the deep ball too much this year, speculate on who could replace assistant head coach/defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier if he were to leave the team this offseason, assess whether defensive tackle Ed Oliver deserves to have his fifth-year option picked up, see where Buffalo checks in on the latest power rankings, and more.
- Bills roundtable at the bye: Unsung hero? Biggest surprise? Biggest concern? | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Is Josh Allen looking deep too much? Who’s the heir to Leslie Frazier? Will pass rush get a boost? Bills mailbag – The Athletic
- Who else can circle the wagons? Which AFC teams are a threat to the Buffalo Bills | wgrz.com
- NFL Power Rankings Week 8: 1-32 poll, plus one thing we got wrong about every team – ESPN.com
Bills sign former UB tackle Evin Ksiezarczyk
Get to know Buffalo’s newest member of the practice squad, who played for the University at Buffalo from 2015-2019.
- Former West Seneca East, UB tackle Evin Ksiezarczyk signs with Bills’ practice squad | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- 4 things to know about new Bills practice squad OL Evin Ksiezarczyk – newyorkupstate.com
- Bills sign Buffalo native Evin Ksiezarczyk to the practice squad – BuffaloBills.com
Odds and ends
We learn how Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is guiding Terry and Kim Pegula as they work on plans for a new stadium for the Bills, discuss the upcoming financial windfall coming towards the Bills from the anticipated next NFL TV contract, share how fans can make a donation in memory of offensive coordinator Brian Daboll’s late grandfather, and see where Bills great Eric Moulds checks in among the most underappreciated wideouts of all time.
- ‘They don’t want a free lunch here’: Jerry Jones guiding Pegulas on new Bills stadium – The Athletic
- Alan Pergament: The Bills will get a fortune in the next TV contract. That will have no effect on stadium talks | Television | buffalonews.com
- Where Eric Moulds ranks on the Top 3 underappreciated WRs of all-time list | GMFB – BuffaloBills.com
- How to donate in memory of Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll’s grandfather | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Bills open as big favorite over Dolphins, Jets’ Zach Wilson may miss first Buffalo game (AFC East Roundup) – newyorkupstate.com