Mark Konezny-USA TODAY Sports
Live scrimmage time!!!!!
The Buffalo Bills are back! Practice resumes this morning at One Bills Drive for the strangest training camp in team history. Amid the cloud of the coronavirus pandemic, the Bills are ramping up for a 2020 season full of high expectations.
We’re embedding a live Twitter stream below so you can follow along. Videos and pictures won’t be what you’re used to, as the media are being assigned an individual, socially distant space on the sideline and can’t move around like normal. There is no tweeting during the 11-on-11 portions of practice and media isn’t allowed to report on “opportunity groups” who are running first-, second-, or third-team reps.
The Bills had a private walkthrough yesterday in preparation for their scrimmage Thursday morning. This is one of the steps teams are taking in lieu of preseason games. While several pro sports teams have cancelled games and practices in the wake of calls for social change and criminal justice reform, the Bills and multiple other NFL teams are continuing with practice today.
Coverage from training camp:
- Day 1: August 17 practice recap and notes
- Diggs, Norman among standout performances of Day 1
- STs coach heaps praise on Taiwan Jones, Siran Neal
- Day 2: August 18 practice recap and notes
- Harrison Phillips details his long physical and mental road back from torn ACL
- Day 3: Bills training camp notes from August 19th
- Gilliam, DiMarco in middle of “great battle” for fullback spot.
- Day 4: Hard-hitting practice notes from August 20th
- A.J. Epenesa lining up at all four DL positions
- Sean McDermott candidly says Josh Allen needs to get better
- Recapping all the injury news from Week 1 of training camp
- Kicking competition heating up
- Bills want o-line positions settled soon
- Sunday’s practice delayed as COVID testing irregularities permeate northeast NFL teams
- Brandon Beane excited for Devin Singletary’s offseason changes
- Bills hit with more than a dozen false positive COVID-19 tests Sunday
- August 24th training camp recap
- Right tackle position update, including Cody Ford info
- Gabriel Davis is the media darling of 2020 training camp
- August 25th practice recap
- Updating the camp injuries (8/26)
- Training camp observation aggregation (8/26)
- The Bills have suspended their radio host for sharing too much information
Here are some training camp articles to get you revved up with some background information:
- All our coverage: 2020 Bills training camp
- Position battles worth monitoring
- Sean McDermott turns to college coaches for help preparing with no preseason
- August 3rd: Bills welcome back players to OBD
- Transcript: Beane, McDermott meet with the media before training camp (August 3rd)
- Pre-camp 53-man roster projection
- State of the Bills roster: position group previews
Here is the list of players on the active roster. Rookies are denoted with an asterisk. Free-agent and trade additions are noted with a plus sign.
Running back (7)
Tight end (5)
Wide receiver (9)
Interior O-line (8)
Offensive tackle (7)
Defensive line (14)
Bryan Cox, Jr.+
Daryl Johnson, Jr.
Opt out list: Star Lotulelei