Despite a tough loss to the Arizona Cardinals, the Buffalo Bills‘ win in Week 10 is the only thing that totally evaporated. The Bills are still in the thick of things in the AFC playoff picture.
But the Bills do have some competition within their own division now.
While most had wished the fat lady was singing, she isn’t yet for the New England Patriots. The AFC East title is still a longshot for the team who has won the crown the past 11 years, but with two-straight wins, they’re back in the postseason picture, at least. The Pats currently sit 2.5 games from the top of the AFC East.
The Pats aren’t quite considered worrisome just yet, but the Miami Dolphins certainly are… they’ve ripped off five-straight wins and are right behind the Bills. Both teams have the same amount of losses, but the Dolphins play on Sunday while Buffalo is on a bye.
Certainly noteworthy, the Bills currently do have the head-to-head tiebreaker on the fish.
And before we get to the full AFC breakdown, let’s give the New York Jets their credit. Gang Green did not lose a game in Week 10…
They had a bye.
Here’s how the full AFC playoff picture looks in Week 10:
- Pittsburgh Steelers (9-0) — AFC North leaders
- Kansas City Chiefs (8-1) — AFC West leaders
- Buffalo Bills (7-3) — AFC East leaders
- Indianapolis Colts (6-3) — AFC South leaders
- Las Vegas Raiders (6-3) — Conference win percent tiebreaker over Titans, Dolphins, Raiders
- Miami Dolphins (6-3) — Conference win percent tiebreaker over Titans, Ravens
- Baltimore Ravens (6-3) — Common game win percentage over Titans
On the bubble
- Tennessee Titans (6-3)
- Cleveland Browns (6-3)
- New England Patriots (4-5)
- Denver Broncos (3-6)
- Cincinnati Bengals (2-6-1)
- Los Angeles Chargers (2-7)
- Houston Texans (2-7)
- Jacksonville Jaguars (1-8)
- New York Jets (0-9)